Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ghostbusters Miniatures

First, I'd like to say that even though I haven't updated the blog in about a month, I actually have been working on stuff. I'd like to also give a tip of the hat to the blogs I follow - it's amazing that you are able to put posts up once or even a few times a week! Well done guys! Ever since the horses came back home from their two month training down south I can't seem to get to the computer as often - though I am still painting and building.

I wanted to show my Ghostbusters figures from Crooked Dice Miniatures I finally finished a few weeks ago. I got these quite a while ago, possibly close to a year?, I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan (built a 1:1 scale replica of the Proton Pack several years ago that remains my best work to date) so when I saw these figures I immediately purchased them even though I knew shipping and transit time from the UK was going to be brutal.


I think I primed them within the first week I got them, but like every project I start, I start another before one is complete. So they sat on a shelf for what seemed like forever.






My son had been playing Betrayal at House on the Hill quite a bit lately (a really fun board game where you build a house as you play until one of the players turns on the others - certainly more to it than that, but that's the quick idea) and I thought about how cool it would be to put the Ghostbusters characters into the game - I'd already put the Scooby Doo gang miniatures from Hasslefree into the game, which is another post I'm planning on doing, and it was really fun.



With International Tabletop Day coming up on April 11th I set out to get the Ghostbusters painted up so they could explore that creepy house on the hill.





It worked out great and a lot of fun was had. I just need to make character cards for each Ghostbuster and it'll be finished 100%.





 I was originally going to go with a "plank/wood" base but changed my mind and decided to go with a clear base. I think that was the right way to go. I put the "plank/wood" bases on the Scooby Gang instead.

As always, thanks for looking!




2 comments:

  1. Great job. The clear acrylic bases are a great approach.

    I've added you to the 6MMRPC blogroll for the painting challenge. Welcome aboard! http://6mmrpc.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete